October 8, 2009

Life is Beautiful!

Logan and Laurie are asleep. Jackson and Emily are still at school. I've read my scriptures. I'm avoiding the laundry room and everything that has to do with housework--one day can't hurt. What's a girl to do...blog! A 5 month rest from this great pasttime, is probably long enough. But more importantly, I've got things to say!

Today is my birthday--36 (and proud of it, mom!)!

I have had so many phone calls, texts, emails, FaceBook birthday wishes (Thank you Ryan!), a beautiful bouquet of flowers (Thank you Eliza!), a delicious homemade apple pie (Thank you Annette!), lunch with friends, and now a quiet house to think and to be grateful! Grateful for the opportunity to be living a truly wonderful life. Grateful to be surrounded by amazing people. Grateful to have a loving, kind, and thoughtful husband and four great kids! Grateful for goodly parents. Grateful for sisters and brothers and inlaws who are my best friends. Grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Grateful for the Spirit. Grateful for Conference Weekend. Grateful that my life has been filled with things that are virtuous, lovely, and praiseworthy.

So yes, I have a lot to celebrate today! Thanks to all of you for making my birthday...and my life so sweet!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet sister Karen! I hope you have a great day! I wish I was there to celebrate with you. We love you so much! Thanks for being not only a fantastic sister, but one of my very best friends! Love you!

Hollie said...

Happy Birthday Karen. Hopefully, you had a fabulous day, and I think you should take the day off tomorrow too. I can remember celebrating your birthday in the 7th grade, and I still reminisce about the "good times, with my best friend" on October 8th every year. Mr. Rich's math class, giving the announcements in the morning, cereal at Sara's house every Friday night, talking on the phone a lot, a lot, Jackson Hole painting rocks, decorating for dances, AP Biology with Prisk, trying to talk you into BYU and your mom giving me heck,...good times. Love ya to death. XOXO

The Liechty's said...

Happy birthday Karen.

Rob & Autum said...

Just wanted to say I loved your post!

I swear your whole family never ages! You all look so young and beautiful!

Camille Herbst said...

Happy late Birthday Karen! We love you so much and are grateful to have you in our family!

Mandy said...

Happy Belated birthday! I'm so glad you're back blogging. I've missed reading about your cute family. Tell all hello........