We decided to take a little trip to Boston over Labor Day weekend--our last get away before school started! We had such a great time. Neither Ryan or I had ever been there. We woke the kids up early and left home a little before 5:00 am--with the plan that they would all go right back to sleep! It was a great idea, but Laurie was the only taker. Logan did doze off for a little bit while we passed through Connecticut, but that was it! Everyone was still sleepy and possibly too tired to realize they were bored! The drive went pretty fast--thank goodness for DVD players!
We loved Boston! The Duck Tour was probably the favorite activity of the day. If you haven't experienced a Duck Tour--it's a tour on land and on the water! The huge vehicle that cruises around the sites of the city also floats! Jackson and Emily both got to drive in the water--it was pretty exciting!
We also enjoyed the Freedom Trail--at least Ryan and I did. The kids got a little tired of walking, but we loved being in the place where so much history was made. I want to find an elementary American history text book so I can teach my kids and refresh my memory too!
Other favorite things--seeing Fenway Park, eating Lobster on Cape Cod, surprising my companion Lauren Laws (Sister Elliott) in her ward on Sunday, seeing the Boston Temple, driving around Harvard University, stepping aboard the USS Constitution, and eating lunch at Warren Tavern (great Chowder and long straws made by Logan!!!)
We loved Boston! The Duck Tour was probably the favorite activity of the day. If you haven't experienced a Duck Tour--it's a tour on land and on the water! The huge vehicle that cruises around the sites of the city also floats! Jackson and Emily both got to drive in the water--it was pretty exciting!
We also enjoyed the Freedom Trail--at least Ryan and I did. The kids got a little tired of walking, but we loved being in the place where so much history was made. I want to find an elementary American history text book so I can teach my kids and refresh my memory too!
Other favorite things--seeing Fenway Park, eating Lobster on Cape Cod, surprising my companion Lauren Laws (Sister Elliott) in her ward on Sunday, seeing the Boston Temple, driving around Harvard University, stepping aboard the USS Constitution, and eating lunch at Warren Tavern (great Chowder and long straws made by Logan!!!)

1 comment:
It looks like you guys are having a great time in the east! I'm sure the fall leaves are just beautiful. I would like to visit Boston sometime, it looks like a fun city with so much history.
Post a Comment