May 27, 2009

Christmas in May

For Christmas this year, the boys in our family each got a ticket to a Yankees Game and the girls got tickets to Wicked on Broadway! After several months of waiting, it was finally time to go!

The boys went to the game on May 1st. Uncle Matt was in town that weekend and joined them at Yankee Stadium. If my boys weren't already true fans, they are now. Logan has worn his Yankees hat everyday since the game and even to bed some nights! Jackson worked on Matt during the game, but he remains faithful to the Astros. It was an exciting game. The Yankees came back in the 8th and 9th innings to beat the Angels 10 to 9!

While the boys were at the game, Emily and I had a little fun of our own. We went to South Street Creamery in Morristown for dinner and then watched the Wizard of Oz to get ready for our big night in the city. We topped off the evening by painting each others nails--her idea! She kept saying, "This is the best night ever!" I kept telling her "Just wait until next week!" We went to Wicked on May 7th. We left right after Emi got home from school to be sure to arrive early! She LOVED it! I had seen it before, which was a good thing--because I watched her for a good part of the show. It was so fun to see her reaction! This was a night to remember!