September 3, 2008

First Day of School!

School started on Wednesday, September 3rd! Jackson started 2nd grade and Emily is in Kindergarten this year. They were so excited and ready after a crazy summer!

The day before school started I took Jackson and Logan to get their hair cut. Ryan took them last time and you could hardly tell they had it done. I was determined to make sure they cut it a little shorter. I told them the same as last time but asked them to use a #2 razor instead--Jackson went with one stylist and I helped Logan get ready for his cut. I looked over just as the lady cutting Jackson's hair used the razor on the top of his head!!! I just about died! Well, he finally got the buzz cut he has been asking for. He loves it! I can't wait until it grows!

Later that day, I took Emily to their school for her "Kindergarten Visitation." She was able to see her classroom, meet her teacher, and find her cubby and her seat! She is so excited. I can't believe she is in Kindergarten. It is all day at her school--she will love it and do great! I will miss her...so will Logan!








Finally, the first day arrived. Jackson and Emily both popped out of bed and were dressed before breakfast! (Let's hope that continues!) We were ready with plenty of time to spare. We went to the bus stop and watched them get on the bus--they wanted me to come to the school, so after the bus drove away Logan, Laurie, and I got in the car. Their bus came, they got off, and
couldn't go into the school fast enough! They didn't need me there after all. I cried as I walked back to my car! I was a little nervous for them, but they loved it and had a great first day!




















3 comments:

The Grant Family said...

You have the exact same thing I had last year...a kindergardner & 2nd grader.

Dent Blog said...

Tell Jackson that I love the buzz!!

-Uncle Matt

Katie said...

Buzz boy is handsome!